Friday, August 3, 2012

from the heART: ticket for one

Number 95 on my list, go to a movie by myself, is something that I've come to find people have many different ideas about. I have a number of friends who when I have asked if they have ever gone to a movie alone, emphatically respond, of course. Followed by a puzzled look and the question, haven't you? Up until recently the answer was always no. 

Moving to a new city, knowing only a handful of people, and having multiple work days off, I found myself with nothing to do. I had the thought, a movie would be nice, then the thought, but I have no one to call. Screw it, is what my internal more independent self decided, and I went anyways! Yes, alone. I enjoyed the movie (Your Sister's Sister) very much and now understand how seeing a movie alone is not as big of deal as I had previously imagined and would not be opposed to doing it again.   

No comments: