Monday, April 9, 2012

from the heART: the Lord is risen indeed


Simply put, I love Easter. Time spent reflecting on the Lord and spending time with family is all a blessing. This year in particular may top as one of my favorites.

Late afternoon Friday, my older sister, her fiance, and two dogs left their homes in Tennessee for good and made the long drive out to Arizona for their wedding this coming weekend. Not sure if they would make it by Sunday morning, they pushed through and arrived on Saturday night. Having the whole family together for Easter was an occasion that hasn't happened in a long time and really made it special. BUT it also meant that our egg hunt was kicked way up in intensity! Yup, you read correctly, I said egg hunt. Sure the youngest in the bunch is 22 and the oldest is 33 and no that doesn't stop us. 

The eggs are filled with spare change and candy and is debated every year if the winner is who finds the most eggs or the most cash. This year the wins went to my sister in law for most eggs and my younger sister with most cash. (I do have a strong suspicion that most improved hunter will likely go to B-Wise who walked away with only 4 eggs this year.)  

However, at the end of the day, I think we are all winners because we are grown adults running around the yard searching for easter eggs! 

He is risen! The Lord is risen indeed!

No comments: