Friday, March 9, 2012

from the heART: not quite what i wanted

As noted in a previous post, I've been trying to cook more. This past weekend a group of friends got together to play volleyball and cookout. My brother being the stellar cook that he is, took to the grill. We had hot dogs, bratwursts, chicken and the best grilled zucchini ever!

Being inspired by our bbq, when I went shopping earlier this week and came across zucchini I quickly snatched some up. When last night rolled around and I did not have any dinner plans, I decided it would be a perfect time to grill up my zucchini and I couldn't have been more excited.

After working a ten hour day at work, it seemed a lovely idea to head home, make some dinner and simply relax. Which is almost exactly what I did...

I arrived home and immediately went to the kitchen and took out my zucchini. Grabbed a knife and started slicing. As I'm slicing, I think to myself, I didn't think zucchini really had a smell. And I KNOW the inside of zucchini don't appear this transparent. Yup, you guessed it, cucumbers!

No comments: