Friday, February 3, 2012

from the heART: slowly but surely checking things off

My posts have been slacking and I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on the holidays and being so busy with family, friends and work that I literally had NO time whatsoever. (however, I feel the need to come clean and say that the previous blame is not true and I'm just pretty much a slacker) But anyways ... Now that February is already well on its way, I knew that I needed a new post like yesterday. I revisited my 1o1 list to see what I have accomplished in the last few months and I am happy to say that there are multiple numbers that I have either A) completed or B) begun.

Number 60:
run a half marathon a year was a third completed on January 15th. Chelsea Jo and I completed the PF Chang's Half Marathon, running the whole thing side by side with a 2:12 finish time! We are awesome! It was CJo's first half marathon and I believe she too has now caught the running bug. Next stop! Disney Princess Half Marathon at Disneyland (hopefully)!

Number 66:
ask a guy out on a date (or maybe the closest I'll come) For obvious reasons, not going to fully explain this one but will say a thrilling/nauseating (in a good way) experience!

Number 75:
become an educated voter has begun with the presidential elections fast approaching this year. I've been watching debates, turning on news shows instead of sitcom reruns and talking with people about their views. Sad but safe to say, this is the most informed I've ever been on any election and its only February! Can't totally check this one off the list just yet but well on my way and feeling adult about it!

Number 81:
invest my savings I have my wonderful older sister to thank for getting the ball rolling on this one. She has over and over again told me I need to sign up for Scottrade to begin investing. And over and over again, I forgot and wrote it off. Being the persistent person she is, this morning, February 3rd, I received a text at 8:13, telling me "chelsea. scottrade. let's do this!" Now, happy to report, steps have been made and I signed up. Next step: actually invest!

Number 82:
complete a year long thankful journal I started on the first of the year, only made sense. It has been an incredible start and I would recommend others doing the same thing. I bought a wooden recipe box to use for mine because it perfectly fits standard index cards. I counted out 365 cards and each night when I get into bed, I write down the date and one thing I was thankful for that day. There have been some random things I've been thankful for but thankful non the less. Its a great feeling and a nice reflection on the day and a good reminder that there is always something to be thankful for.

Number 94:
buy a road bike was checked off the list on January 15th with the celebration of my 25th birthday. It's blue and white and I couldn't love it more. Thanks Mom and Dad, I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning getting a very first bike. Its a good feeling and puts me that much closer to completing this list because I can't do number 2 with out a bike.

No comments: