Thursday, October 20, 2011

from the heART: Number 49


Regardless that on any given day, the temperature may still hit three digits and our "fall" here lasts maybe 45 minutes at best, I like to tell myself that fall is indeed upon us!

Last Tuesday, the Moody girls all ventured to Tucson and then a little further south to the delightful world of Annie's Apple Orchard. It was nothing shy of amazing! We went to the pumpkin patch, cut our own pumpkins off their vines, picked sunflowers and even found some delicious peppers and produce. After the patch we headed down the road where I checked off number 49 from my 101 list: Go apple picking.

I have never picked an apple from a tree, let alone been to an apple orchard (that I can recall) but I loved every second. Before heading into the thick of things in the trees, we stopped by the bakery, purchased, and devoured a freshly baked apple pie, almost in its entirety. It was without a doubt the best pie I've ever eaten. Oh how I love fall and loved spending an amazing day with my Moody girls!